Manager, Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
Our Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS) professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization’s business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities. Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
What you will do
- Have extensive internal audit leadership and execution experience, preferably in industry and professional services organizations
- Be able to identify and engage in broader governance discussions and resulting opportunities
- Understand, and be able to create or assess the effectiveness of existing internal audit functions
- Have experience interacting with board and audit committee members
- Be recognized in internal audit and risk community
- Have an established network of relationships
- Be willing to lead our efforts to grow this critical segment of the market
- Develop an approach to win in the market and provide leadership and support to the team
- Develop and mentor IARCS staff to develop and grow our employees in support of KPMG’s focus on performance development
- Assist organizations with the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans and projects in an internal audit outsourcing or co-sourcing arrangement
- Execute internal audits and manages teams to execute internal audits
- Participate in the development and delivery of engagement presentations and deliverables to clients
- Supporting the development, documentation, and assessment of objectives, risks, controls, organizations, business processes, systems, reports, and programs/projects across a wide variety of environments
- Develop, lead and manage client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by more junior team members
- Simultaneously lead and manage multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
What you bring to this role
- 5 + years in positions of internal audit, risk, and regulatory compliance leadership
- Extensive Internal Audit Experience or compliance, controls and governance
- Team management skills, Business development
- Proven ability to identify and grow opportunities
- Experience in effectively leading and managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible in their style and quite willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.