Cloud Processing Developer
Reporting to the Lead, Data Engineering Services, the Cloud Processing Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining data pipelines between a variety data sources at Teck’s mining operations and our enterprise cloud. They ensure that data is ready for use in digital products, data science, reporting, and analytics.
Sparwood is 20 minutes away from Fernie, located in the beautiful Elk Valley region. This location is known for its vibrant local art and culture scene, as well as a wide variety of outdoor recreation opportunities including world class skiing, mountain biking, fly fishing and year-round backcountry activities.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Design and deploy data pipelines to load data from on-site systems to Teck’s Enterprise Cloud and prepare them for application use.
- Solve complex technical problems with legacy systems to overcome technical roadblocks preventing data migration to the cloud platform.
- Develop applications to interface with operational systems and integrate these systems with cloud technologies.
- Perform pipeline data validation and ensure that data delivery, data security and data quality are not compromised
- Provide and develop monitoring and performance metrics for data-pipelines to measure and ensure performance KPIs are met.
- Maintain application and system documentation
- Facilitate and support incident response and forensics for pipelines on Teck’s Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Design data solutions for data security and compliance, including endpoints security, use of reliable authentication methods, data encryption, data masking, auditing and data classification.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline, and experience in the data field
- Hands-on experience with Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with programming technologies and languages such as Java, T-SQL, .NET C#, Python
- Experience with Azure data products including DataFactory, Data Bricks, IOT Hub and EventHub
- Relational and non-relational data stores design and deployment, including data retention and archiving strategy
- Strong knowledge of cloud security processes
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong cross-functional team participant and collaborative approach to problem solving
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.