Senior Functional Analyst - SAP Finance
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
The IS Core Business Solutions team has an opportunity for a Senior Functional Analyst. Working with other team members this role is responsible for leading medium to large projects required in the development of technology solutions to support new business requirements and in support of incident, problem and technology renewal work.
The Senior Functional Analyst acts as a consultant, translating business requirements into technology solution designs and identifying opportunities to leverage our technology assets. As part of the IS team, the Senior Functional Analyst coordinates delivery and support work across business, IT, QA teams and provides oversight to solution design to meet and/or exceed business requirements.
In addition, the Senior Functional Analyst is responsible for:
• Supporting IT services related to the portfolio of assigned technology applications and services;
• Leading the delivery of assigned tasks/projects to ensure successful completion on-time, on-budget and within the agreed-upon scope;
• Consulting and facilitating solution sessions, presenting and collaborating with IT and business partners in order to deliver solutions that meet business requirements while leveraging standard functionality available in the application solution;
• Designing technical solutions in alignment with corporate standards and guidelines; using corporate standard tools and guidelines to document, estimate, plan and deliver change and support services from an IT perspective;
• Mentoring and cross-training of team members;
• Identifying and participating in continuous improvement opportunities;
• Documenting functional and technical solutions, test artifacts, service introduction and communication/change management plans;
• Supporting IT Service Management (Incident, Problem, and Change) activates as well as enhancements, maintenance and innovation opportunities
To make an immediate contribution in this role, you will have the following:
• Significant experience in SAP FI module (GL/AR/AP/AM/CO) – configuration, systems analysis and design; Financial Services - Collections & Disbursements (FS-CD) experience is an asset;
• Proven ability to deliver creative solutions, with strong analytical skills and familiarity with the standards, methods, and techniques of systems analysis and design;
• Strong working knowledge of SAP technology suite including PI and Solution Manager;
• Strong understanding of enterprise and solution architecture principles;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage planning and prioritizing competing deadlines and requirements;
• Significant experience developing, executing and monitor delivery plans for medium to large scale enterprise projects;
• Good written and verbal communications, strong presentation, facilitation and negotiation skills;
• Experience with delivery of functional, technical and testing artifacts;
• Demonstrated understanding of Application Life Cycle management principles including service, release and change management;
Your work experience is supported with relevant post-secondary education and several years of related experience in leading medium to large-scale systems development and support projects.
As announced by the Provincial government, all ICBC employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Please note only those legally entitled to work in Canada at present will be considered for this position.