Manager, Technology Risk Consulting
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our Risk Consulting practice provides clients with a range of Advisory and Assurance services focused on strengthening business resilience, managing business risks, and driving business performance. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, advisory, assurance, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems.
KPMG’s Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) services assist our clients to effectively identify, evaluate, and manage the broad range of opportunities, risks, controls, and compliance requirements associated with their use of and reliance on technology-enabled processes, services and solutions, whether developed and operated in-house or provided by third parties. KPMG TRC covers a broad range of IT audit and advisory services including:
- Systems Assurance Services
- IT Internal/External Audit Services
- Cyber Security and Privacy Services
- Business Systems Controls Services
- Technology Project Advisory and Assurance Services
- Business Resilience Services
- Technology Governance, Risk & Compliance Services
What you will do
- Manage the development and execution of engagement and project plans.
- Contribute on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity across multiple industry sectors and technology environments
- Assessment of governance, risks and controls in areas, such as:
- IT planning and organization
- IT projects, especially in an “agile” development environment
- General IT controls
- Business process and IT Application Controls
- System Implementations and Data conversion
- Planning, managing and completing project tasks including: liaising with client and KPMG teams; collecting, testing and analyzing information; documenting and evaluating business and IT processes, risks, controls, policies, strategies
- Discussing findings and recommendations with client personnel and developing reports and deliverables
- Active involvement in the business community and developing relationships with clients to increase awareness of the firm's services
- Identifying and assisting in pursuits including developing marketing materials, proposals, presentations and research
- Leading and contributing to practice development such as knowledge sharing, training, coaching, team leadership and practice management.
- Assisting with the management, development and growth of the practice
What you bring to this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program
- Accounting and Audit / IT audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA, CISA, CIA) are strongly preferred
- 5+ years combined relevant experience in internal/external audit, consulting, and/or industry (e.g. risk management or internal control, IT, project management, system implementation, finance, accounting) is required
- A desire to work toward further relevant education/designations (e.g. PMP, CISSP, CRISC)
- Ability to identify and evaluate business, IT, and audit risks – you understand financial reporting, compliance, audit risks and their IT components
- Experience auditing, assessing, and/or implementing business systems and/or emerging technologies, and streamlining IT audit processes
- Knowledge and experience with technology that supports governance, risk & controls (GRC) initiatives and processes is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for being able to clearly communicate issues and solutions at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues
- Strong business, engagement, and project management skills
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel within Canada when required
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.