Data Engineer - Machine Learning
Prenuvo Inc. (dba Voxelwise Imaging Technologies Inc.)
We are looking for a high-calibre, driven, technically-skilled software engineer to join what we expect to be the most rewarding role in your career. Prenuvo is literally transforming and reshaping preventative health by rolling out a data/ML heavy advanced MRI based screen that catches cancer at stage 1 and 400+ other diseases.
The data engineer establishes and maintains scalable, reliable, and efficient data pipelines for data inquiry, model implementation & monitoring. The ideal candidate will have experience with big data pipeline and will be able to detect our pipeline bottlenecks and offer solutions.
- ETL development and data warehousing
- Optimization of data structure, data pipeline, pipeline architecture in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud and tooling Spark/Airflow or similar
- Strong knowledge of event-based and near real-time analytics using tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, SQS/SNS and Elasticsearch.
- Strong command of back-end tech stack, strong proficiency in databases for relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL), and frameworks such as Flask/FastAPI
- Familiarity with model development process using Machine Learning algorithms
- BS / MS in Computer Science, fields of science, or an Engineering discipline
- 2+ years experience as a software or data engineer at an enterprise software/analytics company
- 2+ years experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and SQL, including strong understanding of concepts
- Strong understanding of algorithms with 3+ years of experience in Python and/or Java
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Knowledge of medical data/images is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics or a background in life-science is a plus
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
What’s in it for you
- You’ll be part of a close-knit team that’s purpose is to solve complex problems in creative ways.
- Work in an environment where it is safe to experiment, challenge yourself and others, fail, and learn.
- Build systems and products that make a meaningful impact on the lives of people and their health.
- Get a competitive salary with an equity stake
- Extended health benefits including comprehensive body scans.
The position is based out of Vancouver, BC. Most of the team is working remotely these days. Local Candidates are strongly preferred.